Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Lazy Week

Had a lazy week this week. I had no responsibilities for once so I...played video games. Hours of video games :D After a whole week of video games though I feel like it is time to be productive again.

It had been a rainy week so I spent my time finding new ways to use the leftover ingredients in my cupboards. My friends gave me a bunch of muesli so I bought myself some yogurt and have had parfait breakfasts :)
 
 
Inspired by the rainy weather, and armed with my mixing palette my sister brought, I did this mixed medium drawing and added it to the wall of art. I think this one turned out really well.


End of the week I ventured out of the house in order to do some house hunting for a friend. While out on my viewing excursions I stopped at the Didsbury library for the first time. I meant to just look around, but I couldn't resist and I checked out a large stack of books to keep me company.
 
Saturday I participated in the church walk for the first time. When they say walk, what they generally mean is hike. This week they were doing an easy walk so I decided to give it a try and see if I would survive hiking in the British countryside. Not only did I survive but I had a great time. I will have to be even more adventurous and try the harder "walks" next time.

We were walking in Delamere Forest. Lots of beautiful views and wildlife. Saw some cows and sheep!

View of one of the lakes.

We saw a variety of butterflies. This one was the only one still enough to get a picture of ;)

Our main goal of the day was to make it to this pond where the dragonflies were. We stopped and had our lunch here and it was very peaceful and picturesque.

I have many attempted pictures of the dragonflies. Most didn't turn out but this one was pretty good.

We also walked to this lake. As we were walking away a bunch of people walked up with their dogs. One excited pup had jumped into the bog and was elbow deep in mud. They encouraged all the dogs to take a swim but the muddy one was the only one not interested in jumping in and getting cleaned off. The joys of owning a dog! 

Afterward we stopped at the café for ice cream. I saw this fridge full of Coke that was just screaming at me to take a picture. I may have a slight addiction :P
 
So that is the update for last week. I am over my lazy video game obsession (well, mostly) and this week I have a list of productive, useful things to do. May mean less pictures to show, we'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment