Sunday, August 18, 2013

Horseback Riding

I got to go horseback riding this week!

I was very excited at the beginning of the week. The equestrian centre I went to had a taster session, so I emailed them about it. I wanted to make sure I wasn't required to wear some particular English riding gear, but they assured me that I should just show up. I did and loved it.

The farm. It takes me over an hour to get here by bus, but it is well worth the trip.

Some of the horses. I attended the taster session and used it as an assessment with the instructor to see what classes the recommended I take next. They suggested I take a few private lessons to retrain me to English riding then I can join group classes in jumping if I want, or continue with private lessons. I signed up immediately and they booked me to start the next day!
 
I have to say, private lessons are a lot more intense than the group lessons I took when I was little. It was great to be back on a horse but some of the changes with English riding kinda threw me. Rather than using your knees you use your lower legs which will take some getting used to. I also have to keep a much shorter rein than I'm use to. My grandparent's horse I rode last was great with neck reining but I've gotta break that habit now.

Besides horses they also have sheep at the farm. I still take pictures whenever I see British sheep. They are too cute.

Haven't done too much other than the horse riding this week. While waiting for one of my buses in Salford I took a picture of this building. Reminds me of a mural in Indy I would pass everyday when I was at my aunt and uncle's one summer.

I don't have any big plans for this upcoming week yet, but I'm sure I will find something fun to do! I'll be continuing the horseback riding so it's already guaranteed to be a fantastic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment