Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Manchester

Now to sum up the trip with pictures we took in between our traveling.


When she first arrived I amazed my sister with my cooking skills. When I say amazed, its not that she was impressed. She was amazed that my kitchen was so small and that I was using tools other than a microwave. I made us some quesadillas and took her to Platt Fields.
 
Where I showed her the baby swans that are so cute!
 
And the amazing greenery that you just don't get in NM.

I also took her down to Media City because we had things to print. I took her all over the place on the day she arrived. Had to keep her moving so she'd get over jet lag as quickly as possible.
 
Then after all the fiasco in Germany, we came home and I took her to the Bar Burrito in Picadilly Gardens. I was need of some good comfort food. I really like this restaurant, it is similar to Chipolte in ABQ, but actually Bar Burrito's food is better.
 
I had bought this coke just to share with my sister :) We must have been loopy on caffeine because we took a lot of silly pictures with Coke on our trip O.o
 
Then we get back from London and Bristol and took pictures with a newspaper to remember where we were when all this happened. 

My sister wasn't sure she wanted to, but I convinced her to go to yet another art gallery. This time we went to the gallery at the University of Salford. There was a temporary exhibit up which featured all these canine sculptures. It was so cute! You could even buy one of the dogs, but they were way out of our price range.


They were adorable though! You can see more about it at Olivia Brown's webpage, just click here.

There is also a VERY cool exhibit downstairs. They have a recreation of a street from Victorian times.  Lots of cool details. We loved it. Really dark though so our pictures are not the greatest. 

They also had sound effects that went with the street so if you were standing by the blacksmith's shop you heard the sound of someone working with an anvil or stoking the fire. It is just a really well done exhibit.

Our souvenirs from Germany.

London maps and tickets to the Tower of London.
 
Baker Street souvenirs!
 
GROMIT TRAIL!
I bought a mug and tea towel. My sister got the cute Gromit that doubles as a screen cleaner.
 
We went to the mall and saw this cellphone and passport holder. It's true. Without your passport, you are nothing. D:

Then it was time to say goodbye :'(
 
I am on my own again. Time to get serious about writing. I don't have a copy of my work visa so I cannot be distracted by making a steady income now. Just gives me more time to do what I'm actually getting a degree for...this is a good thing, right? I'll be back to updating on Sundays again now. I hope you guys enjoyed the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment