Monday, October 29, 2012

Week 8

Whew, another week of classes, a very exhausting week. Learned a bunch of stuff and wrote a whole lotta stuff. I'm currently working on a thirty minute script, I've turned in the second draft so only one draft to go. Also working on the treatment - basic story plot - for my first feature film script. I'm a lot more excited about my feature film than my 30 minute script. I'm ready for that one to be done.

Besides school I've also stayed busy doing fun stuff this week. Last Sunday night, the 21st, I went an saw an elvis impersonater. He was okay but not great. We went to a bar called Stag's Head to see the performance which had a different atmosphere from the other bars we've gone to. This one was pretty quiet when we first entered. There were a lot more of the older Finnish generation here rather than the loud college crowd that have been at most of the bars.


Monday I went wandering around the city with some of my classmates. It was a rare sunny day in Tampere and really nice.
We went to an observation tower and this was our view just walking to the tower.

The tower itself.
 
The view from the tower.
 
Saw this cool statue while we were walking around.
We also visited this little market. It was so cute. Reminded me of the markets I went to in Indie with Jess.

The fountains are all closed down now. Most of them get this nice glass covering, I don't know why the otter fountain got an ugly metal box...

Thursday night it snowed! Yay! This is the view from my doorway.

Me, waiting at the bus stop in the snow. The number 3 bus is the closest to my house but since it only runs twice in an hour sometimes I walk 10 minutes to get to the main street and take other buses. It's a lot nicer to just take the number 3 though.
For the last week or so they've been putting up these lights along the street. Here is Moomin with a package for someone :)

Sunday, the 28th - which was also their daylight savings - they had a little ceremony with a fire show and fireworks and they turned on the lights.

Lights in front of Finlayson. We wandered around on the streets but the Moomin light wasn't turned on for some reason but everything else was. Poor Moomin.

That's all I've got for this week. I've got another week of hard work and classes ahead of me. Besides class work I need to figure out the details for my Januaray stuff, traveling to Manchester, housing in Manchester, whether or not I'm buying a visa....fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment