Saturday, October 20, 2012

Week 7

I have a new washer!

The metal part inside is what stopped spinning on my old washer. I'll be sure to close it up every time from now on.

I've got all these buttons on it and no manual. The guy who installed it said to just set it at 40 and it'll be fine. I thought, okay, cold wash no problem. It wasn't until I pulled out a shrunken shirt of my first load that I realized that it was probably 40 degrees Celsius...not so cold then.

Got to wash my sheets so here is the second set I bought......

So this week I went to the theaters to see Looper, the new Bruce Willis movie with the whole time travel thing. I thought it was pretty good. Time travel always makes for a complicated plot but they did pretty well with it. I'd go see it again :)

Other than that I have been doing a lot of writing this week and haven't left the house too much. I went to see an improve comedy routine with one of my friends. I was kinda skeptical going in but they were actually really good and I had a great time.

That has been my amazing week. I thought I'd give you a look into my kitchen for those curious about what I'm eating. At home I'm eating sandwiches, pasta, or fish generally. Here are some pics.

My fridge stocked with soda, juice, hot sauce, premade pasta, and the ingredients for sandwiches.
 
My freezer. I have fish in the lower drawer and ice cream in the upper drawer. When I bought the ice cream I thought I was buying cake. It says "mud cake" on it. I thought that meant a particular kind of chocolate cake but apparently that is a flavor of ice cream. It has marshmallows in it like rocky road so I like it. It has lasted me for a few weeks of dessert :)

I can never figure out the cheese flavors when I'm at the grocery story, this is the latest one I got. A Danish cheese made in Finland if I remember correctly.

I could not find just plain mayo so I'm having it with a chilli flavor :) I've never had flavored mayo before but its pretty good.

Yeah, it never lasts long. Salsa just goes with everything!
 
I like this flavor. They have Lays chips too, but trying different potato chip brands is about as adventurous as I get.
 
Mmmm, my delicious sandwich, with Sprite! I bought a tomato that day to do something different. I don't buy vegetables unless you count the potato chips. I like vegetables, but they require more effort to prepare than pasta or frozen fish. I buy fruits, like plums, kiwis, or peaches to eat for breakfast when I have class that day.

After eating, I wash up my dishes by hand and they drip dry in my cabinets above the sink. It's a pretty handy set up.

Alternative view of the drying racks....

And for a final picture, these are my cooking tools. I fry the fish in the skillet, also make quesadillas with it. The pot is for my pasta and I used it once for rice but that made more than one meal's worth so I don't make it a lot. Then of course the handy-dandy microwave! When in doubt, nuke it.

No comments:

Post a Comment