Monday, October 7, 2013

Alderly Edge

I went on a walk to Alderley Edge. It was a really nice day, perfect weather and great company.


View from Alderley Edge. I'm told there are abandoned copper mines around where we were standing and it is also suppose to be the resting place of King Arthur...well one of the places he is suppose to be sleeping :P
 
I had two people recommend the books of Alan Gardner. He is well known for his books that are set at Alderley Edge. I have them on my To-Read list now. I will let you know what I think once I get a hold of them, but see if you can find them and let me know what YOU think.

One of the entrances to the old copper mines!

I don't know the name of these trees, but they are huge. I think they are fabulous.

We walked to a place called Hare Hill, this is a helpful sign letting us know we were going the right way.

We passed through a field were a bunch of cows were chillin'.  

I took lots of pictures of the cows. The white ones with grey spots were really pretty but I like the calf in this picture too :D

Can't go to the British countryside without a photo of some sheep!

A house we passed by. I don't know what plant it is they've used but the effect they've achieved is really nice.
 
My aunt will be relieved to know that I am no longer drinking coke out of the wine glasses. I found these special coke glasses :D I smile every time I look at them. Coke is the perfect drink. My British friends are trying very hard to convert me to drinking tea...but there is no comparison to a cold glass of coke. Now I can drink my coke in style. I'm giggling just looking at this picture. I think that's enough sugar and caffeine for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment