Sunday, October 13, 2013

Anglesey Island

I went on a trip Saturday to Anglesey Island :D

We visited this town...the longest name for a place in the UK. Not in the world however. The Welsh name is across the sign there and the translation is below it.

Welsh flag. In case the name of the town above didn't clue you in, Anglesey Island is in Wales.

We stopped and had lunch near the lighthouse here. I signed up for this trip thinking it was a walking tour. Actually it was a coach tour which at first was disappointing, then we got out of the coach and I was very glad to be spending most of the day inside the bus. I was well layered but there was more wind than I was expecting so it was still really really cold.

Another stop was the copper mines. The pools here are so acidic that people used to dump their old cars and stuff here and in about 10 weeks there would be no car left. Pretty amazing.

A shot of the old mines.

Then we got to see a castle! I was very happily surprised, didn't know we would get to see one. This is Beauman's Castle.

A moat! A drawbridge! without withdrawing capabilities ;)


Those little people there are standing on the outer wall and I'm looking down from the top of the keep.


 
I had a blast visiting the castle. The area is open and you can just wander around and see as much or as little of it as you want. I tried to go to every little dark staircase and room I could find and walk along the tops of the walls. It was fantastic.
 
I'm looking forward to next week when I'm going on a trip just to visit TWO castles. We were at this one for only an hour so next time I will hopefully have time to sit and draw everything. I'm very excited. If you do not think this is cool...well, sadly there may not be hope for you O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment