Sunday, April 28, 2013

Eat, Dance...Kitty!

When I started the blog, my intent was just to let friends and family know that I am still alive, and share a few stories with everyone so I don't repeat things over and over again over Skype or email. At the beginning of this program I imagined I would be talking a lot about films, traveling, and writing. While I do talk about those to some extent, I've noticed that I talk a lot about food on here. Is this because I'm hungry when I write my blog posts, because I miss good old home cooked meals, or that I just always have a camera around when I cook so it gives me something to write about...Probably a bit of everything. I do like to photograph my cooking experiments though because, a) it's always a big undertaking and whatever time the online recipe says it will take, I double that. b) If I don't photograph my home cooked meals no one will believe that I'm actually cooking!

As you may have guessed, I did some cooking this week.



 
Garlic toast and stuffed bell peppers. The garlic toast was really good and was nice and simple. The stuffed bell peppers are another story. They took me nearly 2 hrs to make. Simply Recipes estimated 1 hr, most of that being oven cooking time. Not so much! Now that I've done it once I'll be much faster next time though. They turned out okay, but not for the amount of time it took to make them.
 

Went with another ceilidh with friends this weekend. It was a 45 minute trip to get there because we were taking the bus, but we wandered around a bit and found Bridgewater Canal. It was a really beautiful area, I don't know the name of the cemetery that were beside but it was very impressive.

Another shot of the cemetery.
 
After the ceilidh we took the metro home, because the bus we needed doesn't run that late. Now I have ridden the Manchester Metro!
 
 
Nothing else big to share about this week, but I will leave you with some pictures of cats I saw on Saturday.

 
The expression on this one reminds me of Juliet. Seemed a bit annoyed that I stopped to take pictures of him.


2 comments:

  1. Yum! More food...you are becoming quite the cook. That is quite a cemetery! You have found more cats, I see. :)

    ReplyDelete