Sunday, May 5, 2013

Barbeque and Liverpool

And now we move into May! Started off this month with a May Day party at a classmate's house. Apparently May Day is a big celebration in Finland. We had fun, partied and ate good food. Next morning they invited us back to finish off the party with a barbeque. Those of us who were still alive after the hangover came ;)

 
 
It was a perfect, beautiful sunny day. We had grilled mushrooms, zucchini, bell peppers and I showed them how to make s'mores. The grocery store was out of graham crackers (seriously, what is wrong with these people?) So we had marshmallow and chocolate in some rye bread crackers instead...graham crackers are much better. That's all I have to say about that.
 
Despite the lack of graham crackers we had a lot of fun at the barbeque and after we ate we sat in the intermittent sunshine and tried to absorb some vitamin D.


 
I went with my friends to see Doll's House this week. This is a shot of the stage at the Royal Exchange Theatre. It's a really cool theatre (British spelling, not a typo). There is seating all the way around the stage so the actors stay in motion the whole time so they never have their backs to anyone for very long. I really enjoyed it and I plan on going back again!

 
I got my Easter-themed care package from my loving family! The important thing is not the timing, its the fact that it got here at all :P Here are the quesadillas I enjoyed with the El Pinto's hot sauce my family sent me. Thank you guys! You are keeping me alive and well fed!

Because we've had some sunny days lately I took my laptop to the park and wrote the last couple of pages on my script outside. A great day! Sat under this tree here as I wrote the end. Now of course I have to go back and fix all the many errors and inconsistencies, but I have a finished document to work with now!

Me, writing. I actually have celtx open on the screen there, and you can even see me :) I really like this picture actually. When I took it I didn't realize you could see me in the reflection but it looks like a really well thought out shot...

Sun shining through the trees. Can't get enough of it.



I went to Liverpool on Friday! First time out of Manchester. A whole bunch of us from class went because BBC Writer's Room was hosting a seminar about Top Tips for screenwriting. We walked from the bus stop and went through this park on the way.

Our view from the hill, looking down at Liverpool.
 

This is where the seminar was held, a building called The Lighthouse. We didn't learn any new ground breaking stuff at the seminar, but that is actually a good thing. Everything they talked about was familiar because we had learned it in school. It was really good to feel like I had really learned a lot through Salford's program. Still good to attend the seminar though and here the same things from someone new and also to refresh on points we may have forgotten.

After the seminar we went to a club called the Cavern. It's Famous for the Beatles playing there about 200 times in their early days.

The music was nice, played Beatles era songs and had a live band. I liked the brick walls and style of the place, BUT it was still a loud club which is just not my thing and my shoes stuck to the floor because it was so dirty which was really not cool. On the whole, glad and I went and experienced it, but not something I want to go back for. Have to spend some more time in Liverpool in the daytime and go to the coast.

This week I'm going to a soccer game! I will be taking my camera so I should have some more good pics next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment