Sunday, May 26, 2013

2 Weeks in 1

Sorry I missed updating last week. School is winding up. I had spent the week working, the weekend playing, and Sunday came and I suddenly had no more time to put off my homework. This weekend I have had time to do some writing though. I've had the flu this weekend so it was more difficult to distract myself from my homework O.o

Good thing is that every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better ;)

Pictures from when I was well enough to have fun last week!

 
Last Saturday we went to the Lake District. We took another train. Instead of going up a mountain this just took us a short distance to...

 
A ferry!

We rode the ferry across one of the lakes of the Lake District. It was a rainy day, but our bus driver said that it is almost always raining there. So we decided we were okay with it because we were having an "authentic" experience :P

Around lunch time it cleared up though and we hung out at a beautiful area with some lovely gardens. Sadly a bunch of my photos were corrupted because when I was moving them over my computer had a melt down and crashed...But I still have several good pictures.

Such as this one :)


After class on Tuesday I went with a few of my friends to see Dirty Dancing, the musical. I have not seen the movie but one of my friends is a HUGE fan and was very very excited to see this.

That's the stage. My camera wasn't cooperating that night. Every picture was either washed out by the flash or blurry.

I've only seen one musical before, Wicked. I have to say Wicked was better, but this one was okay. For the Dirty Dancing fans, this was exactly what they wanted. I felt that as a theater show, it felt rushed and they were constantly changing "scenes". I think it is just a scene by scene repeat of the movie. I'm told that there were one or two new scenes added in the musical though. By the end, I enjoyed myself and someday I may actually watch the movie. Nothing to worry about though if you miss it, unless you are a die hard fan.

This feels like a short post after having missed a week. I'm going with the excuse that I'm still sick. You are lucky to be hearing from me at all :P This Wednesday is our last class :( Many of my classmates are leaving this week. I need to suck it up and get to feeling better because this week will be our last hurrah!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you have been sick. :( Love the pictures from your trip!

    ReplyDelete