Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Last Goodbyes

It is clearly time for my father to come visit me because my laptop is becoming very temperamental. I was downloading pictures from my camera and in moving them over it corrupted a bunch again. I have learned my lesson now though and will copy pictures instead of cutting from now on :(

It has been a long weekend of telling all my classmates goodbye. Today marks another sad day of goodbyes but before we do that we are going to a parade, eating frozen yogurt, seeing a comedy show, and meeting our teachers for drinks tonight. We are getting the most out of our time together while we can!

In other news, it is very cold here. Friday was a "warm" day with it getting up to 64 F in the middle of the day. Everyone was out in sun dresses and shorts. I continue to wear a sweater. I feel a sad longing for Arizona's 108 degree weather although if I was actually there I'm sure I would be miserable. I'm tired of being cold though. I will have to go shopping and truly update my wardrobe for this brisk British weather since I'm planning on staying here a while.

On Monday I went with one of my roommates to the Trafford mall. It was AMAZING. I'd been to Arndale's in the Manchester City Center, and though "sure, this is a nice sized mall." Trafford is in a league of its own though. If I needed to buy something, I'd go to Arndale's. When I want to SHOP, it'll be at Trafford. Gorgeous, gorgeous place.

Huge food court. decorated with around the world themes and the decorations matched the type of food at the restaurants in that corner. The New Orleans section was nice looking, but no Cajun restaurant there :(

More of the fancy décor in the mall. We spent a lot of time just wandering around and looking at the mall in awe. Kinda forgot about shopping until hours later...

I found a cream soda! I was very excited. I don't think I've ever had it in a can before. I think it's better in a glass bottle.

Last day of classes :( The Lowry mall here is where we ate lunch almost everyday.

Fuel is one of the cafes we often went to when we needed to write. We had one of our goodbye dinners here. I ordered a hot spiced apple juice to have something different than coke. It was actually cheaper than ordering a coke and I really, really liked it. May become my new standard drink, at least at Fuel.
 
I'm off to see a parade! I hope you are all enjoying warm weather wherever you are! I consider it to be warm at 75-80 degrees. It's not hot until you hit 90. Do you dare disagree with me???

No comments:

Post a Comment