Friday, June 21, 2013

Movin' and Rockin'

Hello! Been a while since updating so I have lots of pictures for you guys this time :)

Way back on June 2nd my friends and I went to the Manchester Day Parade. It was fun, better than the St. Patrick's Day Parade. Here are a few pics...



This one was really cool. The legs moved when he did and he coordinated the front legs and back legs. Very creepy little walk, a lot like a crab's :)

At the end of the parade they immediately cleaned the streets. Even the street cleaners were dressed up for the parade :D
 
 

One of the last meals at my old apartment. I made a spinach and mushroom etouffee. It was pretty good, but not Yats. ONE DAY! One day I will achieve a really good etouffee.
 
 
 

MY NEW PLACE! (not my car :( Maybe if I move here for real)

The living room. This was right after I got my keys. I set my stuff done and just absorbed in the wonderfulness of renting. Then walked out the door and began the long process of moving. Honestly I personally didn't have that much stuff, but after I was gifted the leftovers from three different houses...There was a lot of stuff. It is all going to be put to good use though :)

The bathroom. Yeah, a blue toilet. Haven't seen that before :P

My tiny kitchen. Scroll back up and compare...cooking can't be so spread out any more.
 
 
Last weekend (14-17) my friend and I went to the Rockabilly Rave. When she told me about it she called it a festival...we get there and it calls itself a rave. It ended up being somewhere in the middle :)

Everyone (except me >.<) dresses up in 50s style clothing and they brought their cars all in various stages of renovation. They had booths to buy more 50s era items, mostly clothing. It was a cool, fun atmosphere. Similar to the enthusiasm for Comic Con attenders, but at the end of the day everyone goes to the bar for a lot of drinking and some dancing...which doesn't happen so much at Comic Con :P


They had a fashion show put on by the venders. One of the coolest parts of the rave in my opinion. I took pictures of every outfit I think, but here are some of my favorites.


This outfit, I would wear. We went looking for that jacket afterwards but didn't find it anywhere. I probably wouldn't have wanted to pay the 35 pounds they would have asked for anyway.



 
 
Although  I don't have a 50s wardrobe ready for this kind of thing, my friend convinced me to go out and buy a dress that I could dance in. When we got there I also bought the little flower to help me blend in...


As the weekend went on we got lazier, and sleepier. Before going to the rave we had to meet our deadline for our scripts. It was a long stressful week and neither of us had been happy with what we turned in but we simply didn't have time. A lot of the weekend at the rave was spent recovering from the script deadline. Sunday we went out and enjoyed some sunshine at the beautiful beach that was nearby.
 
 
 
Now back in Manchester and back to working at the library. I have a summer ahead of me to plan and fiddle with my new script, a conspiracy theory story. But I'm sure I will find time to do some fun things too :P Going on a church trip this weekend, which is why I'm posting this now and not Sunday. I'm staying busy so over the summer you will probably just get posts as I have the time, but I won't forget about you guys ;)

1 comment:

  1. Loved all the pictures! Your new apartment is cute inside and out!

    ReplyDelete