Sunday, November 3, 2013

NaNoWriMo

It's November - National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), Guy Fawkes Day (Nov. 5th), and Thanksgiving (Nov. 28th this year).

As I mentioned last time, I have turned in my first draft of the script I'm writing for school. It is nice to not have to think about it for a bit. Once I receive feedback from my teacher I'll throw most of it out and rewrite it, and later rewrite it again. In January I'll complete my third draft and be done with it...for the purpose of school. If its decent by then I may look into trying to sell it. If its still pretty awful and I'm not totally sick of it I guess I'll just keep rewriting.

I have some downtime from that right now though so I'm going to be participating in NaNoWriMo this November. The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write a novel, or a good portion of one, in the month of November. By November 30th I should (hopefully) have 50,000 words of a novel. That's 1,667 words a day. Right now it's not too bad, but eventually I'll be writing the novel as well as rewriting the script as well as looking for a new part-time job. November promises to keep me very busy. At the moment my word count is...2,528 so I'm already behind :/ Today isn't over yet though!

I went on the church walk on Saturday. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as usual but I've got one here to leave you with...

No comments:

Post a Comment