Monday, November 11, 2013

A Castle and a Village

Went on another trip this weekend :) This time to...

Caernarfon Castle
and
Portmeirion Village
Caernarfon Castle!
One of the castles built by Edward I, this one was designed to be both defensive and a palace all in one.
 
This was another trip in Wales so the mountains there are in Snowdonia.

Caution, this door is hobbit height...Exactly who needs to be warned to duck? Won't you figure that out when you are too tall for the door???


I think this is one of my favorite pictures I took :D
 

The castle is apparently well known for the Eagle Tower here with its three turrets. This picture also shows off the fact that the towers are polygonal, not round which the signs also liked to point out, so I'm passing along the observation ;)


Portmeirion Village! The village was designed by one man. He set out to prove how you could build at a beautiful site and not destroy the natural beauty. The village is certainly very nice and I could see how the paths were probably planned with the land. Very quirky styling though.

Past the village there is a bunch of walking paths through a forest. I wandered around in the woods for about two hours. This tree was one of the interesting plants that caught my eye. The trunk made me think of elephants...which go "toot", do you wonder what the fox says?
No! Don't click the link!
...
Too late? Well that was the song I then had stuck in my head the rest of the time I was walking in the woods >.< No, I didn't see any foxes.
 
My new personal rule. Don't let my sister share YouTube videos with me over Skype. Ever.

Besides the strange trees there were also some small ponds which were gorgeous, a "ghost garden" and a dog cemetery.


 
And that's all for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment