Sunday, November 17, 2013

Just another week

Well, I didn't do much at all this week. No pictures or stories to share. I've been very boring this week and just working on NaNoWriMo. I'm at 20,000 words so only 30,000 to go....You'd think since I had so much time to work on this week I'd not be behind anymore, but that would require I unplug the internet and resist the temptation of Dota 2. Even then I find myself oddly addicted to spider solitaire...ah the good old days when I distracted myself with my allotted 15 games of Sudoku per day.

I also went to the library and have been reading. On the one hand, it does inspire me. I remember why I love the fantasy genre so much and I'm reassured when published authors have written things that I would have done differently, or that our teachers would label as "wrong". But it does take away from time I perhaps should have spent writing. Ah well.

One of the books I read lately was Alan Garner. His children's books were recommended to me. I think I may have mentioned this before but I don't think I had read it at that point. Anyways, I read Elidor. It is very much a children's book but I still had to whip out my dictionary a few times because of some British words I was unfamiliar with which made me feel a little silly. It wasn't a ground breaking work of fiction, not on the level of C.S. Lewis or Lloyd Alexander, but it was enjoyable to read because the characters were based in Manchester and I recognized some of the street names. It was written in the 1960s so some of the area has changed since then, but the places named in the city center I recognized. Once again, if you can find it I would recommend you read it just so we can compare notes on it if nothing else ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment