Saturday, September 22, 2012

Finland, Week 3

I finally got my converter! I'm not going to go through all the time I was gone, just update y'all with the highlights.

So, last time I was getting ready for the film festival, and the amazing shuffle to the hotel, then back to the hostel, then finally the apartment....It all worked out fine. Here is a picture of my hotel room :
 


Then there was the film festival. This is one of the buildings they were having screenings at. They had a sauna bus sitting outside, but I didn't take a picture of it.
Then the screen we watched on:
Saw "Punk Syndrom" a documentary, then we watched Buster Keaton's "The General" with live music (since it is a silent film). The music was just okay, but the movie was still good.


So, I've been studying hard and all that good stuff. Here is a photo of the campus from a distance :

Its near the city center, which is quite pretty. I spent last saturday sitting at the fountain there while I wrote my script long hand.
The plan was originally to use the school computers, but my access code didn't work so I thought. I'll stay outside so I won't be distracted by the tv in my apartment....instead I was distracted by all the birds. I'd write a few sentences and then I'd be watching the sparrows. I felt like Doug the dog from "Up"
But see? There are three different kinds of birds in this picture and how cute are those sparrows?
Bonus picture of a crow! Just for you Todd.


Anyways, you can see my McDonalds from the fountain :
 

Just the lower floor is McD's. I've been there enough that I have tried about half of their menu (it's much smaller than the ones in the US). This is the veggie patty burger I ordered on accident. I actually really liked it.
They do NOT give you free refills though. Subway, however, does. New favorite place to eat! And they give me the bigger drink now :

Ta-da!!!!!!!!

Moving on, here are some other fountains I've found in Tampere. The one near the library :
and one that is on the walk between Maria's apartment and mine. I've only seen it the one time though.
Here are some of the things I do see when I'm walking. I normally take the number 3 bus, but it doesn't run late at night so then I take the 16,18,28, or ... and have a longer walk. But I get to see the beautiful street art :
The interesting architecture and plant life in my neighborhood :



So now you have read all the way down here. Guess I'll let you see the apartment pictures now ;)

My main room

My shelf. Took me about 5 minutes to fill.

My kitchen, I was doing laundry.
 
And the tiny bathroom of doom!
The tiny is real, I photoshopped in the doom.


Hope you enjoyed! School wise I have written a 10 page script and pitched my idea for a feature film (just pitched to the class). This week I am writing a proposal for a 30 page script and writing the second draft for the 10 page script. I'll update again in about a week!
 












1 comment:

  1. Love all pictures, especially the fountains! Hmm...sauna bus?!?!

    ReplyDelete